A Day at Dior: Highland Park Village

Here in Dallas, yesterday afternoon quickly turned to a day of near-freezing weather and icy rain. As I sat around considering studying for my upcoming my exams, I quickly came up with a much more enticing alternative plan: a visit to Dior Highland Park Village!


With my best friend working at Chanel just a stone's toss away, I figured I could make the trek through the hazy workday traffic worth it. My goal of the day? To make some executive decisions about the most elegant bag of our day: the Lady Dior. And by that I mean color, size, and hardware.





I have recently been eyeing the classic Lady Dior bag and after calling in to find they were in stock in all my favorite combinations, I had to go and check 'em out. When arriving at Dior, my sales associate Marleigh told me the fabulous story of the Lady Dior: The original sketches of the bag were drawn up in 1994 but had not gone into production when Lady Diana, Princess of Whales, was planning her first trip to Paris. The people of Paris wanted to offer her an unforgettable gift and once coming to the House of Dior design studio and seeing the sketches, they knew it had to be this illusive "Chouchou" bag, meaning "favorite," even though it hadn't been created yet. They gave Dior 24 hours and with great luck, the bag was completed in time for Lady Di's arrival. And those cute little chains, each as much of a statement as the bag itself? The Princess's were solid gold as Dior only had time for a local Parisian jeweler to make them! Of course, the bag was named Lady Dior after Lady Diana and has since become a statement of the elegant, poised, and always put-together women of the world.


As for me? I think I've whittled down my decision to the medium size over the large. As for color, I felt pretty decided on the classic black with gold hardware (just like Diana) but then I remembered this neon green!

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....



And while they were currently out of stock in these babies in the pearl, I can't wait to snag them when they come in!
'Mise en Dior' Tribal earrings

A huge thanks to Marleigh and the rest of the Dior Dallas team for putting up with my neurotic indecisiveness! 





Comments

Popular Posts